Jennifer's Cookies Cakes 'n More

My Website

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Finally!

Well, I finally found some time to update my blog. What a crazy couple of weeks!
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes for my son. There's nothing worse than seeing your baby in pain and not being able to do anything for him. He is doing great and back to his old self, I am so glad.

I, on the other hand, am now into my 2nd week on crutches. Boy, does that put a damper on baking.
I hurt my knee last Monday. Hopefully it is just sprained. I had surgery on that same knee 3 times back in high school and college, so I am really praying it is nothing major. I go back to doc tomorrow, hopefully I will get good news.

Anyhooo, on to the cakes!

This was my niece Addison's 2nd birthday. Her mom wanted something pink and girly with daisies, and this is what I came up with. It was chocolate and white cake, with buttercream icing. The daisies, butterflies, ladybugs, candle and letters are all fondant. The butterflies were dusted with luster dust, and I think they turned out pretty good. They were definitely my favorite part of the cake. I really need to work on icing with buttercream. I can never seem to get it smooth.

Take a look, see what you think. Any comments or constructive criticism is appreciated!








No comments:

Post a Comment