Jennifer's Cookies Cakes 'n More

My Website

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Cake



Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms. Hope you have a great day with your mom, or your kids, if you're a mom. I am so blessed to have a wonderful mom. I didn't realize until I grew up and had my own kids what a great mom I had. I always took her for granted, I guess.




Our church Mother/Daughter banquet was today. Somehow I always manage to be the one to bring all the desserts. (volunteering may have something to do with it). My butterfly cake could've used a little more work. I can never get my buttercream smooth. I really dont' understand how people get it perfectly smooth and even. Oh well, it tasted good and everyone else loved it. The cake is chocolate/white with buttercream icing. The bugs and flowers are royal icing & cookies. I love the blue butterfly. I also made lots and lots of cookies. I'll get those posted tomorrow.




Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment